Friday, June 29, 2007

Central Asia Here We Come!

Just 4 more days till our family is once again Central-Asia bound. I'm so excited!!
Here's a brief overview of our itinerary:
July 3rd--fly from Indy to Chicago then over the Atlantic to London to see dear friends
July 5th--(my birthday) fly to Istanbul then Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan to see dear friends and the city we loved living in from 2001-2003.
A few days later---fly to Dushanbe, Tajikistan to spend 5 weeks visiting dear friends and exploring while Blake works at the Embassy.
August 6th---Kids and I fly back to London to spend 3 days with friends and FINALLY see the city of London (I've been to London's airport more times than I can count, but have yet to see the city.)
August 9th--Return to the US of A.


We haven't been in Central Asia since leaving Uzbekistan in 2005! I'm hoping to dust off my nearly-forgotten Russian skills and make myself at least partially understood. Can't wait to see the region's snow-capped mountains and taste the fresh-baked bread. All for now!