Friday, May 30, 2008

10 Years Ago Today

10 Years Ago Today....I married my best friend on a beautiful sunny day in Vienna, Virginia.
1 year later (1999) we were preparing to move to Central Asia.
2 years later (2000) we were the proud new parents of Baby Erika living in NE Kazakhstan.
3 years later (2001) we were pregnant with Hannah and living in Kyrgyzstan.
4 years later (2002) we were the parents of two beautiful daughters, still in Kyrgyzstan.
5 years later (2003) we were apart: Blake in Iraq. Girls and I with my mom in Virginia.
6 years later (2004) we are living in the Midwest, awaiting a date to travel to adopt a baby boy.
7 years later(2005) we are living in Tashkent, Uzbekistan and we have a son!
8 years later (2006) we're back in the Midwest, unexpectedly.
9 years later (2007) we start & end the year in the same place for the first time: the Midwest.
10 years later (2008) we're still madly in love. Parents of three incredible kids. Loving our family, friends, community, church, town. The end of the PhD is in sight.
Where will we be over the next 10 years? Only God knows. He holds our future in his hands.
I can say that these 10 years have been one incredible adventure!
And I am grateful that I married the finest man I know.